Thursday, January 8, 2015

PTI Make it Monday #196: Colourful corners - just a note

Happy 2015, everyone!!  Hard to believe another year has passed ... where does the time go?

This week's Make it Monday over at Papertrey Ink is perfect for me since I have a few card sets to make as gifts and I love stamping the corners of cards.
I took out a tool I purchased in the fall that works wonderfully when you are making more than one card - the MISTI.  I posted about it a while back here where I did an ombre inking technique.
I usually have difficulty with clear stamps and dye inks but with the Misti, you can restamp and get a super solid image - take a look at the closeup:
Impressive, right?  So nice and solid!  I used my Studio Calico Colour Theory inks in Déjà Blue, Mint Hint and Yes, Peas to stamp the leaves from Leave it Be and the sentiment from the anniversary set, Botanical Silhouettes onto 110lb white Recollections card bases.

5 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

These look great, Cara! I'm in the process or reorganizing and purging closets and my stamping studio so I can find time to stamp and use my MISTI soon.

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE these, Cara! I used my MISTI tool on my cards for Make it Monday at PTI too! LOVE that tool!!!

Danielle Flanders said...

Looks like I need to get a MISTI! Very nice cards, Cara!
Danielle

Megan Carroll said...

Hi Cara! I came over from the PTI forum....you are right! Your images look great! I ordered a MISTI a couple weeks ago.....can't wait to get it!

Kathryn A said...

I love your CAS style, Cara! Great cards, both of them! (And trying to wait patiently for another 5-7 weeks for my MISTI to arrive...)