Sunday, November 16, 2014

Make it Monday #188: Stamped Ombre Backgrounds - Christmas Cheer

This week, over at Papertrey Ink, the Make it Monday technique is Ombre Stamped Backgrounds. The fabulously talented Laura Bassen (whose videos I love!) showed us a gorgeous creation.  I was inspired to make some cards of my own.
For my next card, I took the Ombre Background set and stamped three shades of Fresh Ink (Mint, Tuscan Olive and Pear) as a back panel.  I then added a die cut from the Holiday Wet Paint set and used all my pinks and reds from Fresh Ink using another Ombre Background stamp.  (Inks - Sugar, Red Currant, Fuschia, Merlot)
I cut out three more of the words using PTI's Scarlet Jewel and then layered them up with the Ombre stamped one on top.  I used some Tombo Aqua glue (a new favourite of mine) and added Glossy Accents over the die cut.

You probably can't see it but the Glossy Accents is actually over some Wink of Stella clear ...
 And here's a full shot of the card in all its simplicity:

4 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

So cute! I love the Christmas word die technique. It looks like a purchased embellishment!

Kathy Mc said...

Stunning, Cara! My wish list keeps growing. : )

Jennifer said...

This is a lovely card.

Kristie Goulet said...

Love this card, Kara! Great job!