Saturday, March 25, 2017

Papertrey Ink: Blog Hop March 2017

How gorgeous is this month's inspiration picture over at Papertrey Ink for their blog hop?  Just love it:
The-Challenge  
Victoria johnson 8
Victoria johnson 8a
prints designed by the talented Victoria Johnson
I used the colours and floral pattern as my inspiration to make some simple backgrounds using lots and lots of inks.  Here are all the inks I used:
Avery Elle: Aquamarine, Mint to Be, Sapphire, Fog
Fresh: Sugar, Blush, Peony, Fuchsia, Provincial Gray, Blue Sage, Steel Blue, Mint, Sicilian Blue, Turquoise, Sky Blue

The first card I made into a Mother's Day card.  I die cut the stamped panel of Pretty Peonies with a stitched rectangle die and foam mounted it to an Enchanted Evening card base.  I added a double edged banner stamped with the Fresh Bouquet sentiment I love so dearly.
Simple and colourful!

I took the second background stamped piece and die cut it the same way.  I also foam mounted it to Enchanted Evening and added a scrap bird die cut I had been holding on to.
I really like this colour combination ... would usually not use all these colours but it's always a great chance to try something new.

3 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

Both cards are lovely, Cara! I agree with you about not usually using so many different ink colors, but these were fun to play with and will use again. There's lots of inspiration in this hop, and I'm eager to recreate several of them.

Sherrie M. said...

So soft and pretty Cara.

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful!