Sunday, July 24, 2016

SAF 2016: Pointillism at Play

The fabulous Heather Nichols taught us how to stamp with dots for a play on pointillism.  I tried with some flowers but I think my clear embossing powder was challenged and had a devil of a time having the embossing show up.  I salvaged the flowers and leaves but will only show a peek at that card at the end ... not my best work!!

 I decided to do some pointillism and masking instead and used a Sweet Speech die to create a post-it mask.  I added dots from Harvest Berries and Polka Dot Basics in a variety of Fresh Ink and Avery Elle colours - mint to be, steel blue, sea glass, aquamarine ...
I stamped these all on a piece of soft stone card stock that I then mounted to a white card base (Recollections 110lb white).  I added a Mini Blooms sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black.
Here's my other one .. the first try at this technique!!  Don't look toooo closely! ;)
Check out my sale of stamps and dies here:
http://cardsbycara.blogspot.ca/2016/05/stamp-set-sale.html

No comments: