Monday, July 25, 2016

SAF 2016: Masterpiece Inspirations

Red Poppy, Georgia O'Keefe
I took my inspiration from this gorgeous poppy painting by the talented Georgia O'Keefe.  I white heat embossed Delightful Dahlia stamps on Strathmore cold press watercolour paper.  I mixed some deep reds with my aqua brush and filled in the flowers.
 I die cut the flowers and added green leaves stamped with Avery Elle celery.
 I popped these up on foam tape and added them to a woodgrain card base.
I watercoloured a piece of Strathmore paper die cut with a double ended banner and stamped the Don't Forget to Write sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black.  This was also popped up on foam tape for some dimension.

If you are looking for some gently used stamp sets, take a look here - new ones have been added.
http://cardsbycara.blogspot.ca/2016/05/stamp-set-sale.html


3 comments:

Geri said...

Hi, Cara! I wanted to come and let you know how much I appreciated your visit to my blog! Always nice to meet a new crafting friend...even though, for me, there's not much time for it these days. I've enjoyed browsing through your blog! Love this striking card and really loved your 'hello there' pointallism (oh, man...I don't think I spelled that right!) card! Great idea to use the speech bubble for that technique for a CAS card! And your 'just a note', (i think it was...with a color recipe???)...really loved that background with the sentiment on top! But I could go on and on...loved your gilding, too! LOL! You had so many great creations using the SAF inspiration...looks like you had a great time with it! YAY for you for getting to complete so many of the challenges! So nice to come and meet you!!!

obee said...

Cara... I too, have enjoyed checking out your blog. I'm in the market for new inks and you gave a great review for the Avery Elle inks... I love the colors on the blocking card and this last flower card! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your kind comments!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful, I remember using this picture for SAF too!