Saturday, August 29, 2015

Stamp-a-Faire - Mixing Colours: For you

For this challenge, Dawn challenged us to mix colours we might not usually mix or use.  I grabbed an old favourite I haven't used for a while, Round Repeats, and chose some colours from the Fresh Ink and Avery Elle pigment shades I have: Mint to Be, Pool, Sugar Plum and Turquoise.
I took a 110lb white Recollections wine bottle tag die cut and started stamping the various colours directly across from each other.
 I love this set because it is so simple but so versatile.  I wanted to make a wine tag for a card set I am gifting to someone.  They are such useful things to include in a set and so simple to make.
I did some selective stamping for the sentiment using the Hooray set - just a simple sentiment to make sure that the tag is versatile.
And here it is on a wine bottle just so you can see how it would look ... although this bottle is longer than most.  I got this in France when I was there - I've been to the vineyard in California but this is the original one back in Europe - Domaines Schlumberger.  Sooo delicious!

I am thankful to Dawn for pushing me to use colours I wouldn't usually use together ... it's always good to creatively stretch, right!

--------------------------------------

If you have a moment, check out my gently used item sale *here*.  I have stamps, ink pads and other things too ...  even Papertrey products!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Lovely color combo! They layer so beautifully together!

stephinka said...

Hey Cara!! Thanks for your PM but i think i dont have enough post count to reply to you so i thought i'd fly by here. So good to see you still on :)

Leigh Penner said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog for my 10th Anniversary Celebration -- I really appreciate your sweet comments and encouragement!
You might want to check out my blog..... I picked your name as a winner!