Saturday, August 29, 2015

Stamp-a-Faire 2015 - Threads challenge: Hello there


The next challenge was inspired by a video by one of my very favourite designers, Laura Bassen.  I was so sad to hear that she had stepped down from the design team as I always love what she does with PTI products ... But I totally understand her decision as she is a busy lady with a big family and many commitments.  <3 div="">
My thread nesting ability is in the negative numbers so you will have to excuse the nest which is not so nest like! :)
I stamped the Scripted sentiment in an ombre order of pigment ink colours from Fresh Ink and Avery Elle (see inks above in picture).
I then layered some gold thread and a gray die cut from the Scripted die set.  I found it very difficult to do the whole thread nest thing but will have to practice a bit!
So are you an expert thread nester?  Are you learning too?
************************
If you have a moment, check out my gently used item sale *here*.  I have stamps, ink pads and other things too ...


2 comments:

Leslie L. said...

Very pretty. I love the color combination.

Bonnie said...

LOVE the ombre sentiment stamped background!!!