Saturday, August 29, 2015

Stamp-a-Faire 2015 - Mixing Patterns: Hello


For this challenge, it was all about mixing patterns.  I had fun mixing different scales using some DCWV patterned papers and a piece of scrap paper from some Fresh cosmetic packaging (the hot pink strip).
I added dot roller glue all over the white linen card base and then added the strips, trimming off afterwards.  I die cut the Hello die four times using 110lb white Recollections card stock and then added the dark patterned paper to the top layer.
After the fact, I think that using hot pink under the black would've been a cooler effect but alas, it's done already! :)

This was a good challenge for me because I don't like to mix patterns and am always quite nervous but I did my best ... I "made it work"!
So, do you like to mix patterns and colours?  Are you more inclined to keep your cards simple?

************************
If you have a moment, check out my gently used item sale *here*.  I have stamps, ink pads and other things too ...  even Papertrey products!






No comments: