Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Father's Day card - love

I have been a bit obsessed with cover plates.  I made a card set of cover plate cards (see my instagram account) and made another for my Father's Day card.  A simple design - a black cover plate die cut over a cream card base.
 I added a blinked Wet Paint die cut in gold glittered paper with five layers below of cardstock to add some dimension and pop it up a bit.  Super simple but well received by my dear father. <3 p="">

And here is a sympathy card I made for a colleague - very simple.  I used the Giga Guidelines medallion with a Graceful Garden sentiment.
I used my trusty MISTI to do some ombre stamping with two aqua Avery Elle colours.  I love that you can stamp over and over again in the same position for some depth.
The background is the Text Impression plate for some texture.  I love my impression plates for this very purpose!

No comments: