Monday, March 30, 2015

PTI Make it Monday #207: Double Partial Die Cutting

The phenomenal Laura Bassen shows us how to do double partial die cutting and I haven't done this awesome technique for a while.  My first try had some slightly over zealous cutting and I cut too far with one of the Wet Paint dies since I couldn't see ... next time I will try with a negative piece to position it better ...
I took a cursive Hugs die and a circle die and did the partial die cutting on a Recollections 110lb white card front.  I also die cut four more Hugs die cuts to pop it up and add some dimension combined with foam tape.
I stamped progressively darker colours using the Irresistible Ikat set and then added some Text Impressions dry embossing with one of the PTI impression plates - love those to add a little extra somethin' somethin' ... :)
 Here you can see some of the texture and die cutting up close:
Inside I used the ampersand from Bountiful Banners and the Easter wishes stamp from Mega Mixed Messages - so many useful sentiments in that jam packed set!
Hope you have fun with this week's challenge!!

Check out my sale of crafty items - stamps, an ink pad and some other assorted items!! Oh, and I bought two of the Hero Arts ombre ink pads (mint to green), so if anyone is interested in buying one still sealed, just leave your email and info in a comment!!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love the greens and the dry embossing. Loveliness.

Linda said...

Lovely card.

Nancy Penir said...

Love that eb background! Beautiful!

Birgit said...

Sweet! Love your beautiful background.

Sandy S. said...

Wow! You did a super job on this! The die is positioned perfectly, and I love your background and texture.

Clare said...

I just LOVE the extra texture you added on the background! And your double die cutting turned out way nicer and cleaner than mine lol!

Joyce said...

Brilliant execution of that technique. Love your ombre stamping in the background also.