Monday, February 24, 2014

Papertrey February Blog Hop - Sweet Spring: Today is a good day

Ah, sweet spring - will you ever arrive?  Here is the inspiration picture for this month's blog hop at Papertrey - gorgeous, isn't it?
I loved Dawn's video for this week's Make it Monday watercolour and combined the two ideas.

I stamped a series of Mini Bloom flowers along the bottom and embossed using Teal embossing powder.  I also stamped a sentiment from Sketched Shapes ... super simple!
I did some messy watercolouring along the card front using strokes along the horizontal lines of the base.
You can see a bit of the shine as I added some Perfect Pearls to the water - this is a great simple technique to add a little something extra.
Some more shine featured above ...

So what have you watercoloured lately?

----
Check out my crafty sale if you like:
http://cardsbycara.blogspot.ca/2013/06/crafty-sale.html

Supplies:
Paper: Recollections 110lb white
Ink:  Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: PTI Mini Blooms, Sketched Shapes
Misc:  Zing Teal embossing powder, Distress Markers, Perfect Pearls

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card!!!!

Kathryn A said...

Beautiful! Great idea to use Perfect Pearls! I keep forgetting to do that...

Tonya Jastad said...

Pretty card!