Sunday, August 25, 2013

SAF2013: A sprinkle of salt


I had seen this technique on a video done by Kristina Werner a while back but didn't have a chance to try it. I watched the tips from Nichole's blog and gave it a go today using Inktense watercolour pencils, an aqua pen and salt.
 This was really fun to do and getting the paper washed with colour and salt made me feel very crafty indeed! :0
My salted watercolour sheet was just begging to be die cut so I cut out some butterflies from the Happy Trails die collection and added silver twine and a sentiment.
I thought it needed something in the top left corner so I added some Live Love Life arrows but in hindsight, that wasn't a good idea ... oh, well ... :-(

Did you try this technique?  What did you think?
-------
If you are looking for some crafty supplies, check out my sale page here to see if anything catches your eye.  I've got grid journaling cards, an impression plate and some stamps!

No comments: