Saturday, August 24, 2013

SAF 2013: Stamp-a-faire Opening Ceremony and Breakfast Bake & Take

Stamp-a-Faire 2013 has begun over at Papertrey Ink and I began this morning's Bake and take using a colour combination as inspiration.  Even though it is 3 hours earlier on the West Coast, I woke up at 5AM and blearily watched a few of the fabulous videos.

I decided to get started using some of the inspiration from the first post - complete with pictures, colours, sketches etc.  I am trying this colour combination first because it's completely out of the box for me - I rarely use orange and this combo is kind of retro and different.  Thought I would give it a go! :)
For my first card, I cut out triangles by hand and made them into a banner.  I stamped them with Memento Tuxedo Black ink using BB: Newsprint for a little added interest.  I used my faithful  Tombo Mono Multi glue to add some button twine - this glue rocks!  It dries clear and is perfect for this kind of job.  You just need to press it for a minute and it adheres cleanly.
I then used  foam dots and popped them up on a piece of LCI woodgrain cardstock.  I die cut a circle using the shape from Sketched Shapes and made a window using some acetate.  I stamped the sentiment using StazOn Jet Black  from Sketched Shapes - I am always in need of birthday cards and have quite a few coming up this fall.
What do you think of the window?  Oh don't you just love this woodgrain cardstock?  It is such a fun choice for a card base.  
My next card uses the same combo with cardstock strips of different widths on an angle.  I then added the sentiment using Fresh Ocean Tides ink in Steel Blue - the perfect colour for Ocean Tides.  I used Staples grey cardstock which works well as a dupe for PTI's Stone.
Not sure I like the placement of the sentiment but ah well ... I'll keep it for now! :)
Happy creating during SAF, everyone!! And thank you to the DT team for all their hard work on today's festivities.  I am heading out for coffee with a friend but will be back later with some more cards and projects. :-)

edited to add - a little bashful now as I just realized you are supposed to COMBINE a sketch AND colour combo ... oops! :(
-------
If you are looking for some crafty supplies, check out my sale page here to see if anything catches your eye.  I've got grid journaling cards, an impression plate and some stamps!

Supplies:
Happy Birthday
Paper: woodgrain white, Staples grey; PTI canyon clay, ocean tides, smokey shadow, autumn rose
Ink: StazOn Jet Black
Stamps: PTI Sketched Shapes (sentiment), BB: Newsprint
Misc: PTI Sketched Shapes (circle die), acetate,  Tombo Mono Multi glue, PTI button twine,  foam dots

Thanks so much 
Paper: Staples grey; PTI canyon clay, smokey shadow, autumn rose
Ink: Fresh ink steel blue
Stamps: PTI Mini Blooms (sentiment)
Misc:  Tombo Mono Multi glue

No comments: