Thursday, August 29, 2013

Enjoy your day

I created a card for a fellow crafter and since she wanted to know how it was done, I will share the process.  I took a piece of black card stock and cut it using my Big Kick and this full card triangle die:
I adhered it to a white card base using Tombo Mono Multi glue which has a thin tip and works well for this sort of application.  I stamped the sentiment and feathers using Hero Arts Tide Pool ink and VersaMagic Aquatic Splash before impressing it with one of my favourite impression plates to add texture - the Papertrey Book Print impression plate:

If you click on the picture below to enlarge it, you can see the texture it adds:
I used an exacto knife to cut out one row to make space for the sentiment.

Thanks for the interest in how to make it! :-) Hope that answers any questions you might have ...

Supplies:
Paper: Staples 110lb white, Papertrey Black
Ink: Hero Arts mid tone Tide Pool, VersaMagic Aquatic Splash 
Stamps: Studio Calico Love This
Misc: Papertrey Book Print impression plate, Simon Says Stamp full card triangle die, Tombo Mono Multi glue

The tags are Project Life grid cards using the same stamp set above and Papertrey's To You From Me set.  I have some of the journalling cards for sale here as well as stamps and an impression plate:
 my sale page here


2 comments:

Mary-Beth said...

Brilliant Cara! Love how you cut out 1 section for the sentiment!

Kristie Maynard said...

I've not seen full card dies like this one. Very nice! Thanks for posting this for us all.