Tuesday, July 23, 2013

some CAS cards ...

I just got back from San Francisco visiting my sister and her family including my adorable little nephew ... what a wonderful trip!

Here are some cards I made just before I left ...

I was inspired by Kristina Werner and kept them super simple just like hers.  My cards are loosely based on this card of hers.

I must confess that this first one I had to improvise after getting ink on the panel ... I hate that!!  You can still see a bit of the smudging ....

The rest are all basically the same with different sentiments ...
 I kept the colours neutral so the images could shine ...
These are some other CAS ones I also put together.  I got this gorgeous little rubber stamp from a cool store in Vancouver with the image of a camera and I was just itching to use it:
 The stamp handle is really cool - it looks just like a camera itself!!  Here's a close up:
 Isn't it cute?!
 I used Tide Pool ink from Hero Arts' mid tone line:
 A close up:
 And the two cards together:
I kinda like the CAS style of these ... what do you think?  Are CAS cards your style?

-----
Check out my sale page here for some crafty items I have on sale now ... if you need some new supplies, see if any of my items interest you.


Supplies:
Paper: Staples 110lb white
Stamps: PTI Mini Blooms, camera stamp
Ink: Hero Arts mid tone inks red royal, tide pool, cement, cup o' joe; Versafine Black Onyx
Misc: foam dots

1 comment:

Karen C. said...

So sweet, Cara. I love the little camera stamp - great find!!