Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Festive Friday 13 - silver, pink and white

Well, the talented ladies over at Festive Friday have created some gorgeous cards with this new colour challenge combo:
Isn't that a pretty combination of colours?  Well, I made some more holiday cards to add to my stash.  Without further ado, here they are:
Well, the talented ladies over at Festive Friday have created some gorgeous cards with this new colour challenge combo:
Isn't that a pretty combination of colours?  Well, I made some more holiday cards to add to my stash.  Without further ado, here they are:
I used Holiday Lights from PTI with some Fresh sugar ink and silver embossing powder.  Ah, the joys of heat embossing - so simple and yet so effective!

Here's a close up of the embossing magic:
For my next one, I inked up Hero Arts Cling Dots with Fresh sugar ink and then layered it with a piece of grid card stock from Papertrey. 
I just got this paper pad and love it!  I have a thing for grids and graph paper so this fits the bill quite perfectly!
For my next one, I used some Blush Zing embossing powder which actually looks a little more pale peach than pink but I went with it!  I used a WMS set that a friend gave me for the ornament and then heat embossed in silver embossing powder for the sentiment from PTI's Bountiful Banners.
Very simple and CAS but perfect to mail since it is nice and flat.  Always good since so many stamps are used for holiday cards already ... plus my digital scale has decided to stop working so I can't weigh my envelopes anymore ... will have to invest in a new one. :-(
My next one uses a set that I just got - PTI's Round Repeats.  I simply love these medallions and they are so easy to stamp and line up!
A closeup of the embossing of the WMS sentiment and the layered medallion - LOVE this!!  I will have to try it with a rainbow colour combo next.
I made a tag to go with the card using aluminum tape and a SSS border die for the edge.  I used From Me To You for the to and from and then one of the sentiments in the WMS set with some sugar on the edges of the tag.

Well, that's it!  Thanks for the inspiration, Meredith and crew!  You girls rock!
-----
Check out my sale page here for some crafty items I have on sale now ... if you need some new supplies, see if any of my items interest you.
-----
Supplies: 


Paper: Staples 110lb white
Stamps: PTI Holiday Lights
Ink: Fresh sugar,  Versamark
 
Paper: Staples 110lb white, PTI patterned paper (sweet blush)
Stamps: PTI Holiday Lights, Hero Arts Cling Dots
Ink: Fresh sugar,  Versamark
Misc: Zing embossing powder (silver)
Paper: Staples 110lb white
Stamps: PTI Bountiful Banners, WMS 2011 Holiday Ornaments
Ink: Versamark
Misc: Zing embossing powder (silver, blush)
 
Card supplies
Paper: Staples 110lb white
Stamps: PTI Round Repeats, WMS 2011 Holiday Ornaments
Ink: Fresh sugar, Versamark
Misc: Zing embossing powder (silver)

Tag supplies
Paper: Staples 110lb white
Stamps: PTI From me to you, WMS 2011 Holiday Ornaments
Ink: Fresh sugar, Versafine Black Onyx
Misc: aluminum tape, SSS hexagon border die, WRMK corner chomper

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Pretty cards, Cara! I love the pink with the silver heat embossing!

Ardyth said...

These are lovely - you've been inventive with your stamping and kept all the design very clean (my favourite!) Thanks for playing with us at Festive Friday!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Of course, I love them all, but I think my fave is the WMS ornament one... but they're all perfect! Thanks so much for playing along this week, friend - I so appreciate your support!

Geri said...

What a nice set of cards, Cara! Each one is simple but so very lovely! You have a couple things I would love to have...the PTI grid paper...bet I would use that ALL the time...and those Round Repeats...you've reminded me how pretty that set can be! I think that one may be my favorite, but I love those lights, too!!! They're all great! So glad you're still enjoying the challenges at Festive Friday!!!

Julie said...

You have been busy. It's a great idea to make these before you need them. They all look great but I love the card with the Christmas lights. They look lovely and soft with the pink and silver.