Wednesday, May 1, 2013

His and Hers online class - Day Three: with sympathy watercolour style

 For this card, I tried Jennifer's method of watercolouring over light ink but it didn't work out that well for me - a big hot mess, unfortunately!  Not sure if it was me or the ink or what but I went with plan B and heat embossed the image with Versamark and some gold Zing embossing powder.
 Then I watercoloured with an aqua brush and some Distress Markers scribbled on an acrylic block.
I added the sympathy sentiment using one of the Fillable Frames sets and stamped it on spring moss using the fabulously crisp Versafine Black Onyx ink.  I mounted it on foam dots since the rest of the card and panel were sitting flat. 

Watercolouring makes me feel like an artiste (yup, arteeeest) even though I am SOOOOOOOOO not!! :-P

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Kraft, Spring Moss, watercolour paper
Ink: Versamark, Versafine Black Onyx 
Misc:  Distress Inks, foam dots, Zing gold embossing powder

1 comment:

StephH said...

This is so pretty Cara! Those YOF images just beg to be water colored. I used the Rose and also had no luck with the versamark ink on cold-press wc paper. Even Staz-on didn't give me a great impression, so Jennifer's pen drawing trick is a great tip for touching up imperfect images.