Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Best mama ever!

Although I have already made my mother's day card for my dear mother (check out the post here and the pic above for a glimpse), I still had another to make for my sister.  She is an amazing mother to my little nephew and she recently announced that baby #2 will be a little girl - can't wait!  Yippee!!

So I wanted to make her a fun mother's day card to show her how awesome I think she is.  I thought the sentiment BEST MAMA EVER would fit the bill.  What does a stamping girl do when she doesn't have the right sentiment?  Create her own with an alphabet set or two, of course!  I love stamping my own personalized sentiments ... this works well for baby cards (with the name), birthday cards, foreign languages or inside jokes ... I have quite a few alphabet stamp sets and love them all!  :-) 
I created a faux glassine bag with waxed paper and fashioned it into a shaker card with the Fabulous Frames die filled with some various sequins - gray, purple, silver, iridescent, vanilla ... you name it, it was in there!  I also kept it bright, cutting up some patterned papers from Lawn Fawn's collection - my sister likes fun colours so this should be right up her alley.
Inside I stamped hearts from Little Bitty Bird and Kelly Purkey's Plain Jane capital alphabet - I like the modern look of this font.
I quickly snapped these pictures with my phone just before writing in the card and rushing out to the mailbox to get it in the post in advance so the blue looks a little more neon than it really is in the pic above - oops!

Have you got your Mother's Day cards ready to go?  Mailed if necessary?

Supplies:
Paper: Staples pale grey card stock, Lawn Fawn patterned paper
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Fresh Sky Blue, Silver Lilac
Stamps: PTI Little Bitty Bird, Paper Smooches AlphaDot, Kelly Purkey Plain Jane alphabet
Misc: PTI Fabulous Frames die, waxed paper, various sequins from stash

1 comment:

StephH said...

How thoughtful of you Cara. Sweet card, simple and fun. Love the pastel palette you chose.