Tuesday, April 30, 2013

His and Hers online class: Day Two - celebrating your birthday


For day two of the online class, Shari Carroll made two gorgeous collage cards with lots of patterned paper so I decided to try my hand at them.  Check out my other post for the more masculine of the two.  I love Studio Calico patterned paper and took the Heyday 6x6 pad to get my inspiration.  The great thing about these smaller pads is that they are scaled perfectly for card makers.  Rather than large oversized designs of 12x12 papers, 6x6 is the way to go in my opinion!
I cut a strip of the front card panel off and used patterned papers to cover the front and the inner strip with some coordinating papers. 
I added three butterflies (dies used from Happy Trails and Pretty Peonies) and then layered the two smaller ones over with foam dots
Here you can get a better look at the sparkle from the Rock Candy glitter on the two smaller butterflies:
And a view of the inside where I stamped the sentiment from PTI's Movers and Shakers in Fresh chocolate ink.
 Have you ever made a card like this with an inner strip?

Supplies: 
Paper: Studio Calico Heyday 6x6 pad, Staples 110lb white
Stamps: PTI Movers and Shakers
Ink: Fresh chocolate ink
Misc: foam dots, Rock Candy glitter

No comments: