Sunday, April 28, 2013

Festive Friday challenge - bird as element: Holiday Wishes shaker card


The wonderful Meredith MacRitchie has challenged us to use a bird in our design for any holiday project.  Here is my third take on the challenge:
I decided to try my hand at a shaker card.  I took the Happy Trails die and cut two birds (one in reverse for some interest), added some acetate, sequins and rather than foam sheets, tried cutting them with adhesive cork instead.  It worked really well, actually!
I added the Think Big sentiment with StazOn Jet Black since the paper was slightly slick.  I think I will give this card to my cousin as she loves interactive cards!

Supplies:
Paper: green and red paper from Christmas patterned pack
Stamps: PTI Think Big (sentiment)
Ink: StazOn Jet Black
Misc: silver and red sequins (Etsy seller), adhesive cork, PTI Happy Trails die,  foam dots

3 comments:

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Another great one!!!

I love that you're so kind to keep playing along. I am so grateful for your support :)

Okay, my life is going to get INSANE soon, but we need to get together!!

Geri said...

Well, haven't you been busy!! Another great card! I love the bright sequins...this would be a fun one to receive! Thanks again, Cara!

Ardyth said...

OOOOOH! What a clever, shiny, FUN idea! I can just picture how good this would look on my table where I place all the cards I get at Christmas time! Definitely going to have to case this one! Thanks for playing with us at Festive Friday!