Tuesday, February 12, 2013

PTI Anniversary Watercolour Challenge - Hello

For this year's anniversary festivities, Papertrey has been doing a whole bunch of fun challenges.  I've been pretty busy so haven't been able to take part until now ... I thought I would try my hand at some watercolouring.
For my first card, I decided to try using Harvest Berries with some heat embossing and then colour in the leaves. So much for that plan ....
The little lines and holes weren't large enough for the colour to stick and show up so after getting a little frustrated with my original idea, I just watercoloured the whole thing with various shades of green pearlescent watercolours and then added some Studio Calico shine mist.  Embossed resist instead ...
I added a bold sentiment from Think Big Favourites and mounted the panel with some low profile foam dots to add it to a Spring Moss card base.

The pearlescent watercolours combined with the Studio Calico shine mist adds a nice subtle sheen to the layer but my photo doesn't capture that very well.  Just trust me, ok?! :)  It's got some sheen and the green is more visible ...  really, I promise!

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Spring Moss, Staples 110lb white, watercolour paper
Stamps: PTI Harvest Berries, Think Big Favourites
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Misc: Zing white embossing powder, foam dots, Niji pearlescent watercolours, Studio Calico shine mist

1 comment:

Shay said...

Your card is elegant! Don't you hate when the camera doesn't properly do a card justice? Regardless, I can see the soft and pretty colors.