Sunday, February 3, 2013

Embrace the negative space - Clean and simple II

So I am new to the whole misting and splattering ... I bought a few bottles but haven't used them too often.  I had an idea for a sentiment that would work perfectly for a splattered card.  I grabbed my Studio Calico Mister Huey's mists in shine and opaque white.  I used my box that I mist and do any other messy techniques in - it works well and keeps the work area clean.  I flicked a bunch of the ink onto the kraft card stock and then took it out and let it dry a bit before stamping.
I made the sentiment using Kelly Purkey's Plain Jane stamp set - I love the modern graphic look of this font.  I stamped it with Versafine Black Onyx and added three dots from PTI's Polka Dot Basics.
Hard to see the shine, but it's there - promise! :)
I added the sentiment from WPlus9's Heartfelt Mix - just perfect.  A Versamarked heart from the same stamp set and the card is all done.

So I think I embraced the white space ... even though it wasn't white after all.  And I finally did some ink splattering ... :)  This is the perfect card for a friend of mine who is going through a tough time - I think this will work well ...

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Kraft
Stamps: Kelly Purkey Plain Jane alpha, WPlus9 Heartfelt Mix
Ink: Versafine Black OnyxVersamark, Studio Calico Mister Huey's (opaque white, shine)

3 comments:

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love the sent and card.

Sara said...

that sentiment is so perfect!!! great splatters too ...

Taheerah said...

Thanks for your sweet comment Cara and for directing me to this awesome card! I see what you mean about the similarities - I guess great minds think alike!