Sunday, February 3, 2013

Clean and Simple: Day 3 - Stamping Techniques (Gradient Stamping)

I was inspired by Jennifer's information on gradient stamping - what a fun idea!  I have seen the ombre effect around the blogs but hadn't really tried it myself.  I took out some sets to make some cards and had fun getting inky.
For my first card, I used WPlus9 Defining Words in a variety of  Jenni Bowlin inks (spiced tin, soap powder, speckled egg) and  Distress Ink in weathered wood.  I die cut a heart from WPlus9's Heartfelt Mix in PTI's Enchanted Evening and adhered it with foam dots and added some Rock Candy stickles.
 Here's a look at the Rock Candy Stickles - it looks like sugar almost - in person it is a pretty fun effect!
I made a simliar card with a Mat Stack 4 die cut and some sentiments from the ever so cute Studio Calico Snap On stamp set using Versafine Black Onyx for a bold message.  I added a pink heart from WPlus9's Heartfelt Mix stamped in Fresh ink (sugar) on the mat stack.
I used my Papertrey Vintage Tea dye duo to ink up the edges - adds a little more definition between the background and the die cut.
For my next gradient card, I grabbed the gorgeous Lovely Layers stamp set from Papertrey.  I stamped a row of the blossoms (or medallions?) in Fresh ink - sugar, fuschia, red currant and merlot.  I added a sentiment from Fabulous Frames using Fresh ink in chocolate.
 I like the look of the kraft cardstock with the gradient inks ... so simple but really effective.
I continued on my roll of gradient stamping and grabbed a graphic set, also from Papertrey.  Background Basics was designed by one of my favourite modern and clean designers - Maile Belles.  I stamped the circles in sugar at the top but they weren't very visible so changed my idea and stamped the rows in red currant, fuschia, merlot, and chocolate plus the solid ones in fuschia.  I mounted it to a white card base and added the sentiment from Signature Greetings in red currant.
 I kept it flat for easy mailing .... I usually use foam dots but resisted the urge this time! :)
Supplies:
Blue Gradient Heart Card
Paper: Staples 110lb white, PTI Enchanted Evening
Stamps: WPlus9 Defining Words, Heartfelt Mix
Ink: Jenni Bowlin inks (spiced tin, soap powder, speckled egg); Distress Ink (weathered wood).
Misc: foam dots, WPlus9 Heartfelt Mix die, Rock Candy stickles

Love you ... you rock

Paper: Staples 110lb white, PTI Enchanted Evening
Stamps: WPlus9 Defining Words, Heartfelt Mix; Studio Calico Snap On
Ink: Jenni Bowlin inks (spiced tin, soap powder, speckled egg); Distress Ink (weathered wood), Fresh ink (sugar), Versafine Black Onyx; PTI Vintage Tea Dye duo
Misc: foam dots, PTI Mat Stack 4

This is the life
Paper: PTI Kraft
Ink: Fresh ink (sugar, fuschia, red currant, merlot, chocolate)
Stamps: PTI Lovely Layers, Fabulous Frames

Love you so much
Paper: Staples 110lb white, PTI kraft
Ink: Fresh ink (sugar, fuschia, red currant, merlot, chocolate)
Stamps: BB Circles, Signature Greetings


No comments: