Saturday, January 19, 2013

Make It Monday #100: How to Package Cards with Oversized Embellishments #2

This week over at Papertrey Ink, they are challenging us to create a solution for packaging oversized cards.  Here is the video Dawn McVey made with a few wonderful solutions:
 Here is the second card I made for this challenge:
I decided to make a mini card (2.8" x 3") that is quite thick with embellishments going off the sides.  I used a piece of Enchanted Evening cardstock for the base and stamped it with a houndstooth stamp in a Brilliance platinum ink.  Then I layered a banner using silver cardstock and a Happy Day die cut in Plum Pudding.  This was stamped with Studio Calico grid pattern background stamp and popped up again on foam dots.  A little jute twine and it is done!
The Pretty Peonies die cut is stamped with Hero Arts Studio Calico lattice background stamp - isn't it cute?  It also looks great heat embossed!
I usually tend to stamp a sentiment or some greeting but I stopped myself so I can use it for whatever I wish.
I made a vellum envelope and used a two way glue pen to adhere the corners and this worked well.  I will probably add some jute twine or baker's twine to decorate the outside of the envelope when handing it to the recipient.

I am also entering this in the Moxie Fab Itty Bitty card challenge.  Check out all the teeny cards they have over at Moxie Fab World.  

Supplies:
Paper: Gartner's vellum; PTI Enchanted Evening, Plum Pudding; scrap forest green (butterfly); Recollections silver card stock
Ink: Brilliance Platinum Planet ink
Stamps: Studio Calico houndstooth, Studio Calico grid pattern background stampHero Arts Studio Calico lattice background stamp
Misc: PTI Happy Days die, Pretty Peonies (butterfly) die, MS Scoring Board with envelope tool, foam dots , MStewart two way glue pen, button jute twine

3 comments:

Jocelyn Olson said...

Oh, I love the idea of making a vellum envelope for card packaging. Your card is so pretty--love the color combination!

Carmen O. said...

What a cute card and a great way to package it. Great job.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Cara! Thanks for linking this up to the Make an Itty Bitty Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)