Thursday, January 31, 2013

Clean and Simple: Day 2 - thank you

Another day of the fabulous card making class, Clean and Simple II:
Not sure but this might be more day one than day two but oh well ... I did some masking with an Angled Labels mask I made from acetate and a PTI die. I sponged some Colorbox Robin's Egg ink and then layered Hero Arts Studio Calico lattice background stamp with some Fresh ink in Steel Blue.  I stamped an arrow from Studio Calico Snap On's stamp set with Hero Arts' Cup o' Joe ink - what awesome coverage these mid tone inks have!!  Now that I have some, I see what all the fuss was about. :)

I added the sentiment from  Fabulous by Technique Tuesday using the nice and opaque Versafine Black Onyx. For a final touch, I decided to add some texture using PTI's Linen impression plate.  This is a great stand by!


So have you tried any masking?  How has it gone for you?

Paper: Staples 110lb white
Stamps:  Studio Calico Snap OnFabulous by Technique TuesdayHero Arts Studio Calico lattice background
Inks: Versafine Black OnyxHero Arts' Cup o' Joe, Colorbox Robin's Egg, Fresh ink - Steel Blue
Misc: acetate, PTI Angled Labels die, PTI Linen impression plate

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great take on the masking technique, Cara! Love the bog bold sentiment and the design in the sponged label.

PS: the package arrived today. Thank You sooooo much:) I can now organise my stamps:)

Joyce said...

Just checked out all your cards for this class. You are surely rocking this class and it's homework. Isn't masking great? It's not as hard as I thought it would be, and the results are super.

Sonya said...

Loving your cards, Cara.

Sara said...

Oooh, so pretty!