Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Hallowe'en!

I wanted to make a card for my nephew and since Hallowe'en is just around the corner, I thought I would make a card with a ghost.  I did a freehand cut to make the ghost and added googly eyes and a mouth drawn in black Sharpie.

I mounted it on a Smokey Shadow card base that was impressed with the woodgrain impression plate.  I didn't take a picture but I used white puffy stickers inside that say, "BOO"! 

I bought a 50 cent stamp in Target or Walmart when I was down in the States for Canadian Thanksgiving just for Hallowe'en.  I thought it was too cute to pass up so dropped it in my cart.  Aren't those witch feet cute?  Love the socks!  I usually wouldn't buy stamps for this holiday as I don't tend to make Hallowe'en cards but 50 cents is definitely doable, right?
I stamped the shoes and sentiment (from Happy Days) in PTI Vintage Cream ink and then cut out and embossed with my newly purchased Spellbinders labels nine that was on sale at Michael's.  I only had labels one and thought this shape was quite elegant.
I added the Hallowe'en sentiment from Happy Days with Fresh! chocolate ink and then impressed the card base (Gina K mango) with the book prints impression plate.  I popped up the die cut with some  foam dots and that was it.

Supplies:  
Boo ghost card
Paper: PTI Smokey Shadow, Staples 110lb white
Misc: googly eyes, PTI Woodgrain impression plate, black Sharpie

Happy Hallowe'en
Paper: Gina K mango, chocolate
Stamps: witch stamp, PTI Happy Days (sentiments)
Ink: PTI Vintage Cream, Fresh! chocolate
Misc: Spellbinders labels nine, PTI book prints impression plate, foam dots

No comments: