Thursday, August 16, 2012

With Sympathy

Sympathy cards are definitely the hardest ones to make ... you are upset that you have lost someone and not really in the right frame of mind to craft ... But they still need to be made and so it was with a heavy heart that I stamped this one.
My second cousin in Europe just lost her husband in a motorcycle accident on his way home from work ... He was only in his early 40s and such a vibrant sweet guy to everyone he met.  Needless to say it has come as a big shock to our family.  I am sending this to her so that she knows I am thinking of her.
I used the gorgeous Natural Beauties set from Papertrey and stamped in Jenni Bowlin malted milk, brown sugar and weather vane.  I stamped the Think Big Favourites sentiment in brown sugar as well and impressed it with the woodgrain impression plate.  I edged the panel with some Chai vintage touch ink from the tea dye duo and mounted it on Aqua Mist.  I made an envelope with some lightweight kraft paper and my trusty scoring board.  I stamped the angled label in Frost White ink from Colorbox - it is such a great white!

I will mail it off tomorrow to my cousin and lend her any support I can during this difficult time ...

Supplies
Paper: PTI Aqua Mist, Staples 110lb white, lightweight kraft paper from stash for the envelope
Stamps: PTI Natural Beauties, Angled Labels, Think Big Favourites
Ink: Jenni Bowlin malted milk, brown sugar, weather vane; PTI chai vintage tea dye; Colorbox Frost White
Misc: PTI Woodgrain impression plate, MS scoring board
 

No comments: