Saturday, July 28, 2012

Revisiting the letter press technique

I have done the letterpress technique before - here and here - and quite love it but decided to revisit the technique with my Fresh pigment inks and really ink the impression plate quite heavily.  Then I ran it through my Big Kick as usual with the embossing mats.  I did this with a whole bunch of impression plates and here are my creations:
This one has an Angled Labels window cut out with some acetate and a vellum butterfly (Pretty Peonies die) that has been impressed with the Mehndi Medallion impression late.
 This ink pad is really juicy so the ink looks slightly mottled here but has evened out now.
 My next one uses the Mehndi Medallion impression plate inked up with Pool ink:
 The sentiment is from a new MFT set from a generous friend.  Great font, right?
 Since I am on a hexagon kick still, I inked up the hexagon cover plate with Harvest ink:
 There is a clear window cut out and backed with acetate:
 And my last one was not perfectly inked up with the ink pad so this one didn't turn out quite as well:
 The Cane Print impression plate with some Provincial Gray ink pad and selectively inked Mat Stack 1 sentiments:
Have you tried this tecnique?  Any good results to share?

1 comment:

Emily Leiphart said...

Fabulous cards, Cara! I love all the texture on these.