Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 2012 Papertrey Blog Hop - just a note

Blog-hop-logo
The-Challenge
Blog-hop-inspiration
Here is my next contribution:
 I took one of the Lovely Layers medallion images and repeatedly stamped it with Fresh ink's Harvest shade.  I then die cut the smaller mat stack out to create a window.  I also die cut the Layerz and original Mat Stack 1 die to make a thin frame.  I adhered this frame to the card panel with some Tombo Mono Multi glue - this works great for thin die cuts.
 I die cut the Pretty Peonies flower and leaves and then stamped the leaves with Brilliance Coffee Bean ink.  The felt takes ink really well so this was perfect!  I layered the die cut Summer Sunrise flower over top (and had to cut it so that it was just the flower was left.
I popped the flower up from the felt leaf layer with foam dots and then some more foam dots behind the leaf layer to adhere to the card base.  I used a little dab of Tombo Mono Multi glue behind each of the leaves that touch the card panel to keep them from flapping about.  Then, the Signature Series sentiment was able to nestle right beside the flower.

I find myself returning again and again to Pretty Peonies - the flowers are so pretty and I often reach for the sentiment too.  What sets do you gravitate towards?

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise; Staples 110lb white
Stamps: PTI Pretty Peonies, Signature Series Dress Form (sentiment), Lovely Layers
Ink: Brilliance Coffee Bean (on felt and flower); Jenni Bowlin fountain pen, Fresh Harvest
Misc: foam dots, Tombo Mono Multi glue;
PTI Pretty Peonies die, Mat Stack 1 original and Layerz dies

8 comments:

Crafty Kate said...

Wow! Great card! I love the Mat Stack cut out with the popped up flower! Great layout!

Michelle said...

Oh so beautiful!

Jacquie Southas said...

love the way you offset the stamp for the background - another great card!

Gabby said...

Saw your card on the PTI blog hop just now. Very nice! Like the frame and raised flower. Nice stamped bkgrd, as well. :)

Geri said...

Love this!! Sweet layout!!

Anonymous said...

Love how you did the background on this card.

Anonymous said...

Love how you did the background on this card.

Jill Norwood said...

What a beautiful card! Love the frame you created and the background! Gorgeous!