Saturday, June 9, 2012

My new goodies have arrived and I have some cards to share!

I just got my new order from Two Peas and was so excited to open up my box of goodies!!  Isn't it fun to see what you ordered?

I got a couple of stamp sets that I am just loving:
Wonderful World (Studio Calico and Hero Arts collaboration):
 Fabulous by Technique Tuesday:
And I was so happy to see that the stamp set I originally got from Studio Calico and sold out crazy fast is now available for everyone to buy.  It was super popular and I see why as it is a very versatile set.  Alphabet stamps are always great, aren't they?

Stepping Stone Alphabet (Studio Calico collaboration):
And then I went a little crazy with the wood shapes from Studio Calico:

And a little 6x6 paper pad - Studio Calico Abroad:

And my last purchase was my first ever mask (Chevron Huey's Mask):

So I got to creating a bunch of cards with my supplies and here they are:
That one was with the Instagram stamp from Wonderful World and a camera wood veneer plus a stamp from Mega Mixed Messages.

Next up is a happy bright thank you card with Technique Tuesday's Fabulous stamps (butterflies and sentiment):
Can you see the Rock Candy Stickles I used on some of the butterflies?
And my first try masking with the chevron mask:
Didn't like that one too much so I did another with white and shine Mister Huey's:
I'll keep trying! :)

Got out the Wood Veneer Pennants and Flags and did some polka dot stamping:
Isn't that sentiment from Happy Trails so sweet?  Do you think that card is dotty enough for the CAS challenge:

And another dotty number:
 My student loves Gandhi so this quote around the outside is perfect for her graduation card.

 Ok, the next one is up!
I grabbed the Technique Tuesday Fabulous set and did some heat embossing with white on some Lawn Fawn papers (Bright Side 6x6 collection) and mounted them on a striped yellow piece from Studio Calico's Abroad collection:
I decided to try a sketch from this week's MIM over at Papertrey:
I used some of the Abroad papers with some simple stamping:
This also matches Jay Gee's colour challenge:
Isn't that a gorgeous colour combo?  Here's another one with the same array of tones that is for Jay Gee's challenge as well as another MIM sketch:

I just used some more Studio Calico Abroad papers and my impression plate with the Movers and Shakers sentiments.  A pass through my Big Kick with the linen impression plate for some interest and that's it!

This card was hard to capture on film but I adore the  wood veneer bicycle and the world stamp from Wonderful World .  Yum!!

Another graduation card:
I needed a more masculine one for one of my male students for graduation and I think this fits the bill.  Isn't that dark paper from the Abroad collection perfect?

Ok, and here's the final one.   I did a cut out from one of the Abroad papers and the Fabulous stamp:

Have you gotten any new goodies lately?  What are you loving?

6 comments:

Deb said...

Wow, Cara! I can't believe how much you created with your new goodies! Isnt fun to get crafty with so much stuff?! Love your dotty card for CAS-ual Fridays! The embossing is fabulous and I love how you stamped on your wooden pennants. Thanks for stopping by and playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jeanne said...

Oh, my - you have been busy!! I really love the variety of your creations. Your students will love their graduation cards.

Jay Gee said...

Wow!... those new goodies really inspired you Cara. I love seeing the different techniques you tried and the variety of cards. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Shobana said...

WOW.
Have you been busy or what?!?!! But a good kind of busy right? :) Lovely collection you have here....great buys too! :)
I bought some stuff recently and it has a lot of dies and stamps along with scrapbook supplies. I am excited about trying some new dies from memory Box and Cheery Lynn....looks very pretty those! :)
Have fun with your goodies! I esp like the wood veneer stuff...cute!

Lynn said...

I am staring at all your beautiful creations with your new goodies. Wow! They are all so gorgeous. Hard to pick a favorite. Have to say I love the SC wood pieces...may have to have a shop :) Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

ooo what fun goodies they are, love all the cards you've made with them especially the dotty bunting on your CASual Fridays card :0)
So glad you shared your creativity with us this week at CASual Fridays :0)
Jenny x