Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Papertrey Make it Monday #65 - Background Patterns from Patterned Paper Scraps - shaped card

This week's Make it Monday from Papertrey Ink is a great way to use up your patterned paper scraps. The fabulous Dawn McVey made a great video talking about proportion and pattern ... great stuff!!

I keep my pp scraps in with each of the pads so they're easy to find and often make use of them.  I even keep slivers of scraps as they can be useful for grounding other background patterns.  I dove into my Basic Grey patterned papers and came up with this card:
It's a shaped card cut with Mega Mat Stack 4 and then used my two sizes of Mat Stack 4 dies for the focal point with a Beautiful Blooms flower in the centre.  The background is impressed with my new Chevron Impression plate from Wplus9.  I waited and waited for PTI to come out with one but became impatient so I am using, gasp, a product from another company! ;-) 
Even the BB die cuts used up some patterned scraps!  So altogether I used 7 patterns.  Since they are quite monochromatic I think it ends up not being too overwhelming ... that's what I'm hoping for at least! :)

This is for a friend going through a tough time so I send a card at least a few times a month so she knows she's in my thoughts.   Hopefully she likes it ... she enjoys this sort of a colour scheme rather than bright ...

Supplies:
Paper:  PTI Kraft, Gina K chocolate; Basic Grey Manila and Kraft Basics 6x6 pads
Stamps: Mat Stack 4 (sentiments broken up in two parts and selectively inked)
Ink: Jenni Bowlin Brown Sugar, PTI Vintage Tea Dye duo (inked up edges of flower)
Misc: PTI dies (Mat Stack 4, Mega Mat Stack 4, Layerz Mat Stack 4; Beautiful Blooms); Wplus9 Chevron IP; foam dots, PTI button and button twine

4 comments:

Gayatri said...

Very Elegant, Cara! Love the shape, embossig and the layers. Most of all I love how you split the sentiment. Great take on the challenge.

merryf said...

Cara, this is gorgeous! So soft and calm. I think it looks great with all those patterns.

Mayol said...

Very beautiful, Cara! The muted tones are wonderful!

carol (krillsister) said...

Awesome card. Love the monocromatic color scheme. Great IP.