Thursday, May 24, 2012

Papertrey Ink May Blog Hop - In Bloom + butterflies

 This month at Papertrey Ink, this is our inspiration for the blog hop:
What a pretty picture, right?  The combination of graphic black and white and soft green is gorgeous.
 Disregard the light hitting the card at an odd angle, please! :)  I decided to die cut a bunch of butterflies and adhere them to an impressed card front.  I curled the little guys up a bit to give them some dimension. 
In this closeup, hopefully you can see a little bit of the subtle heat embossing - I impressed the card front with an impression plate but before I ran it through my Big Kick, I smooshed some Versamark ink on the impression plate.  Then I sprinkled some clear embossing powder over the card stock and heat embossed. 

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Spring Moss, My Mind's Eye Garden Vignettes (butterflies)
Ink: Versamark
Misc: PTI Pretty Peonies die (butterfly), clear embossing powder, PTI In Bloom impression plate

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a great idea to clear emboss with the impression plate!

Leigh Penner said...

I love the stamped background and the fun patterned butterflies!

Paulette S said...

So simple and yet you covered all of the elements in the challenge. My cards get so involved. lol

Anne said...

Great card. Thanks for inspiration. I must take out my butterflie dies this weekend.