Thursday, May 24, 2012

Papertrey Ink May Blog Hop - Happy stitches and swirls

 This month at Papertrey Ink, this is our inspiration for the blog hop:
Again, I used the colours as my inspiration and the graphic feel of the black and white with green.  A simple negative die cut of 'happy' and then some Stitches and Swirls stamped in a background sort of a pattern.
I attached the vintage cream 'happy' stamped panel behind with snail adhesive and then popped the green panel up on foam dots for some dimension.  You could use this card for anything - leave it as is with just 'happy' on the front or you could stamp 'anniversary' or 'birthday' or whatever you like. 


Supplies:
Paper: PTI vintage cream, Gina K asparagus
Stamps: PTI Pretty Peonies, Stitches and Swirls
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc: foam dots, PTI Pretty Peonies die set (happy die)



5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow, what a pretty layout!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for reminding me how pretty Stitches and Swirls looks stamped in black as a background.

Leigh Penner said...

I love the stitches and swirls stamped in black on the green cardstock!

carol (krillsister) said...

Nice card. Love the background with the happy.

Sonya said...

Very pretty. I have those stamps and that die. I just might have to CASE your layout. Nice one.