Saturday, March 10, 2012

Every single day ...

Well, I decided to break out my new Movers and Shakers zipper die and make a card.  I love the simplicity of the set and how cool a card you can make quite quickly.
I used some Fresh Ink in steel blue to stamp the newsprint background and then fresh lilac ink for the flourishes.  I took a piece of Enchanted Evening cardstock and stamped the sentiment and instruction in Memento tuxedo black ink on the zipper die cut.
A piece of Hawaiian Shores cardstock was stamped with the canvas background in Frost White ink (Colorbox) and then the sentiment in tuxedo black.  Here's what it looks like since the finished product will hide the inner sentiment until it is ripped open:
Here's the background stamp - it is a great large stamp that covers an entire card.  It's made by Impression Obsession and I got it for $5 on sale at a store in Berkeley.  Gotta love sales!
I used a liberal amount of scor-tape to adhere so that when the zipper portion is ripped, the rest stays stuck down.

Supplies:
Paper: Staples 110lb white; PTI Hawaiian Shores, Enchanted Evening 
Stamps: PTI Movers and Shakers, BB Newsprint, Fancy Flourishes; Impression Obsession Cover a Card canvas
Ink: Colorbox Frost White, Memento Tuxedo Black; Fresh inks - steel blue, fresh lilac
Misc: 1/8" scor-tape (Sookwang tape), PTI Movers and Shakers zipper die

1 comment:

pamela said...

I *LOVE* those zipper dies SOO much! It's so satisfying when people ask "how did you do that?!" when they see the card!