Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Papertrey Anniversary Colour Combo - Rosie Posie

My next card is a very calming colour combination from Heather Nichols and I really like this group of colours.
I used the Mega Mat Stack 4 die to cut two card bases in vintage cream ink and then scored one about 1/2" down and attached the two with snail adhesive.  This creates a full card base rather than not die cutting the very top.  Simple but so effective!
I then die cut a layer of the mat stack in kraft and then one in spring moss and stamped the Rosie Posie leaves in Fresh pigment ink.  With a lighter and darker blue (navy and steel blue Fresh inks), I stamped the flower die cut using the rock and roll technique.  Oh, and by the way, do NOT use this technique on your pigment inks unless you are willing to clean up the ink pad a bit after using them.  Of course, I did go light to dark so the cleaning wasn't so bad but still ... :-P  I was a little alarmed at first ...

I popped up the flower die cut on foam dots and called it a day.  I left this one sentiment free for a change ... always a good idea to have some blank cards with no sentiment.  

Supplies:
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Kraft, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist
Stamps: PTI Rosie Posie 
Ink: Fresh steel blue, navy, tuscan olive
Misc: PTI Mat Stack Mega, Layerz, regular dies; Rosie Posie flower die, foam dots

No comments: