Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Christmas in August!

Well, I decided to try out my new stamp set to make some Christmas cards ... yes, yes, I know it's crazy early but I have four more cards to add to my arsenal! :)

I used Maile Belles' gorgeous set Gracious Vases from Papertrey Ink.  I stamped the images and sentiments using  Jenni Bowlin's juicy inks - bright colours just perfect for Christmas!   (Chili Powder and Seed Packet) I really like how these dye inks stamp with clear stamps.  Really great coverage which is exactly what I want. The simple sentiment is from Lisa Johnson's Peaceful Garden set, also from Papertrey.  Isn't the font divine?
 I decided the cards needed a little sparkle so I used Stickles on the flowers.  These are very simple clean cards so the sparkle added a little something.  This colour is a dark merlot red ... perfect for this card.
Have you started on any holiday cards or projects? 

Supplies:
Paper: Staples 110lb white
Stamps: PTI Gracious Vases, Peaceful Garden
Ink:  Jenni Bowlin chili powder, seed packet
Misc: Stickles

3 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

These cards are lovely. I liked how you used the sentiment from peaceful Garden. It is appropriate for the holiday season. Thanks for the idea.
I need to get cracking on making more holiday cards. i only have 20 out of 70 done.

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty-- I love all the white space!

Gladys said...

I love the simplicity of the card! beautiful!