Saturday, April 9, 2011

PTI Make it Monday - heat embossing

Here is this week's challenge from Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday:
Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge.  Your project must use at least one Papertrey product of some kind and heat embossing.

Here's my take on the technique:
I used my PTI In Bloom impression plate on some smoky shadow Pure Luxury cardstock from Gina K.  On top of this, I used a Martha Stewart paint chip in Milk Pail (a muted turquoise) and used two dies from PTI's Delightful Doilies.  For the larger one, I placed the die on the corner of the paint chip and the other smaller one was cut out fully.  I stamped them with the Delightful Doilies stamps plus the Mother's Day sentiment in Versamark ink  and used a combination of a bridal embossing powder that is a sparkly silver and another that is a garnet (merlot) shade. 
 


I attached them with my glue runner.  The larger one was simply attached using the corner as my guide and the other I attached and then cut off the excess.  I looked and looked for a good colour of cardstock to use as a mat and card base but didn't like any of my options.  So, I decided to use clear cardstock.  I attached this layer using glue dots and thought it looked too plain so stamped the underside of the front with Brilliance ink in Platinum Planet using my Delightful Doilies stamps.  It was too much and looked too busy so I cleaned it off with a baby wipe.  This is why I love the Brilliance inks - they stamp on acetate and if left for a while (overnight is best), dry with a raised almost slightly embossed finish BUT if you don't like what you have done, you can clean it off while the ink is still wet.  Not so with Staz-On permanent inks!

Here's another closeup of the heat embossing:

The patterned paper behind the card is just to show the clear cardstock off as it is really hard to take a good photo of clear cards!  It was a clearance find at M's - a big 12x12 pack of gorgeous papers from American Crafts from the Metropolitan collection.

Supplies:
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury Smoky Shadow, Martha Stewart paint chip - Milk Pail :)
Stamps: PTI's Delightful Doilies, Fillable Frames #4 sentiment
Ink: Versamark
Misc: acetate, glue dots, mono adhesive, PSX bridal embossing powder, Stampendous PEARLustre garnet embossing powder, PTI In Bloom impression plate

8 comments:

Kim P said...

so rich and elegant!

Dixie said...

Beautiful card! You've really done a terrific job with the challenge. I love the look you've created.

Marybeth said...

Its Beautiful, every detail. Thanks for sharing.

Jen Adcock said...

Lovely. I've yet to ink up my doily set. Hmm after seeing your lovely card I might have to have a play. So inspiring.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow!! Love the rich colors! Very pretty! :)

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! Love the colors you used



~Cheryl~


**Check out my Meljen’s Designs blog candy!**

Michaela said...

Ooh, your mom will love this!!

Unknown said...

You are so talented......it's a stunning card! I cannot believe how beautiful it is.