Monday, April 18, 2011

PTI Make it Monday - embossing with dies

Well, I had fun with this technique from Papertrey's Make it Monday series.  Here is the challenge:
Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge.  Your project must use at least one Papertrey product of some kind and emboss your project with dies.
I made two cards using this technique and had fun doing it!
 

I used one of the Delightful Doilies flower dies and embossed the sweet mango cardstock multiply times.  I then stamped different doilies on in pearlescent sky blue and coffee bean Brilliance inks followed by a small star in Versafine Onyx Black.  After that, I stamped the sentiment from Mat Stack 4 Collection.  I cut a strip of chocolate brown cardstock and mounted it on turquoise cardstock.  I will use it with one of my petal fold envelopes that needs a square card.
 A little zoom on the embossing with the flower dies.

Here is my next card close up:


This one was a little more complicated.  As the In Bloom dies are all on one die together, I had to cut out the shapes from cardboard first.  I used an old tea box that is gold on the inside as I can use the die cuts some time for some blingy cards.  I then took these die cuts and used them to emboss the flower and leaf shapes on to the cardstock.  I then stamped the In Bloom images on top in Colorbox Frost White Ink (love how bright this white from Colorbox is!) and added a sentiment from Fillable Frames 6.  I stamped the sentiment on vellum with one of the flowers and then the sentiment is over top.  I had to heat set the ink but it worked out quite well and didn't smudge - phew! :)

Supplies
Card 1
Paper: Sweet Mango, Turquoise Sea and Chocolate Gina K
Stamps: PTI Delightful Doilies, Mat Stack 4 Collection star and sentiment
Ink: Brilliance Coffee Bean, Pearlescent Blue, Versafine Black Onyx
Tools: PTI Delightful Doilies small doily die, corner rounder punch

Card 2
Paper: Turquoise Sea Gina K cardstock, Walmart Kraft notecard
Stamps: PTI In Bloom, Fillable Frames 6 sentiment

Ink: Brilliance Coffee Bean, Colorbox Frost White Ink
Tools: PTI In Bloom dies, scrap cardboard, foam dots, corner rounder punch

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute, love the colors!

Kara said...

great job with the challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Very pretty, I love the colours.

Sammie said...

Wow! These are so cute!

BethieJ said...

Cara your cards are LOVELY!! Nice job on the challenge!!
Have a GREAT day!

Jen Adcock said...

Cara, I must say, when I read the MIM challenge for this week, I was a bit under enthused, but you have changed that completely, What a lovely card and so innovatively stamped and embossed. I am totally digging this beauty and quite possibly the challenge.
;-)

Keva said...

How cute! I love the colors you used,too!