Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Inspiration abounds

One of my favourite blogs to look at Kristina Werner.  She posted a card recently that totally inspired me to make this one.

A closer view here:
I had bought a heart punch at the Japanese dollar store (they have the coolest things there!) so I put it to use punching out hearts from my fabulous Basic Grey Offbeat paper pad.  Love these!  The papers are gorgeous ...  I then used my new Lawn Fawn greetings set.  I drew the lines freehand with a white Signo pen.  I cut a piece of the patterned paper from the pad and put it behind the main rectangle.  The dark chocolate heart covered piece was popped up with foam dotsColorbox Frost White Ink  ink works really well on dark cardstock so that's what I used to stamp the sentiment.  Nice to find a stark white that shows up ...

Supplies:
Paper: Staples 110lb white, Gina K dark chocolate
Stamps: Lawn Fawn's Sophie's Greetings
Ink: Signo white pen, Colorbox Frost White Ink  


6 comments:

BethieJ said...

This is really cute!
Have a GREAT day!

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable, you have such cute cards here....have a fabulous evening!

enjoy *~*

Cheryl said...

Cute! I love this fun design.


~Cheryl~


**Check out my Meljen’s Designs blog candy!**

Unknown said...

Adorable card.. I love the heart punches.

Thank you for sharing!

Jessica Lynn :)

Kathy and Lucky said...

Cute card and great idea to use the punch with different DP.

MiamiKel said...

This is really creative! All the different hearts just make this so happy and fun - great job!